Tuesday, May 1, 2012

NORTH CAROLINA ARBORETUM - PTA EXHIBIT

We are so fortunate to have such a great working relationship between the Asheville Quilt Guild and the North Carolina Arboretum.  They provide gallery space all year long, in two month stints, for single members or small groups that belong to our guild.

The last two days I've made the trek to Asheville to hang quilts made by members of the fiber group I belong to - PTA - Professional Textile Artists.

Here's a sneak preview......if you are in the area, please plan to visit - May 1 - June 30th.  All the quilts on display are available for purchase.




 This foursome are my pieces.  Each one is the original quilt that was published in my book, "Embellishing With Felted Wool".  Since all of them are botanical, I thought they'd fit in the setting quite well and I hope they will each find a good new home!





Our group is very proud to have Georgia Bonesteel as a member.....this is one of two of Georgia's pieces in the exhibit.  I mention this quilt specifically because as I was leaving today, two viewers who were obviously quilters noticed her name on the signage.  They gushed and gushed about actually seeing one of 'the famous' Georgia Bonesteel's quilt in person.  Isn't that nice!

No comments: