As mentioned on yesterday's post.....I'd cut a section from a larger hunk of ice-dyed silk noil for later use. Well...I got to use it quicker than expected since the previous project was an utter mess.
The remaining piece is rather small, measuring only 21" x 15" which will become even smaller once it's squared and edges finished. I created a larger 'marsh' themed piece last year that was the very first piece sold at my Arboretum exhibit, so I decided to experiment with a similar but different view.
So far this is what I have.....as another idea began to brew....I keep stumbling over my bin of black and white fabrics...it needs to find a good storage space, but my fabric closet is overflowing already. Now this puny use of those fabrics won't reduce it by much, but this addition might be just what my little marsh piece needs.
I've never been all that keen about fusing......however, one must keep construction time in mind when pricing quilts for sale. Fusing is such a time saver over hand appliqué. Each section is separate and for the time being, just tacked together with a bit of glue stick until it's time to add it to the piece.
Stay tuned....and check out what other artists have worked on during this very busy past holiday week: Nina-Marie's Off The Wall Friday, Sarah's Whoop Whoop Friday.