Monday, July 7, 2008

PILLOWS

Finally, after being on the road for weeks, I'm back at my sewing machine....if only for small spurts at a time.  My task is to make a few throw pillows for the guest room bed.


I uncovered 2 pillows that I had stored away and removed the decorative covers.  Yuck.......I planned to cover the pillow with white silk noil, which of course would allow this busy pillow case cover to show through.


Okay....I can fix that!  After discarding the print fabric, dividing & reshaping the stuffing, I made and stuffed 3 muslin covers (2 small & 1 larger).


To stabilize the silk noil for machine stitching, I fused a triot interfacing to yardage.

Hours later, I'm now actually sewing!  The plan is to alternate lines of stitching, featuring in total, 3 colors of rayon thread.  Hummmm.....this is a tad time consuming and I haven't yet added the third color which I think will run horizontally through these lines.    Stay tuned.......