Monday, August 23, 2010

ON THE MOVE AGAIN

Well......my time in Wisconsin has come to an end......but not before helping to cheer the Packers to a pre-season win. Well, okay I was just whooping to the TV. We rarely get Packer games in NC so this was a treat.

Now that I'm on the move again and traveling along, it's amazing what you can find by getting off the interstate.......



Yes......along a two lane road in Corbin, KY......you'll find the birthplace of KFC.


Colonel Sanders is ready to greet his guests.....


This is the home of the first KFC.......which is a living museum and restaurant.....

I didn't realize the old boy owned a gas station where he first began frying his chicken......


.....and a Motor Court.....which hopefully this signage will be readable once it's up on the blog.

Here's a replica of a motel room. Oh....before you can ask......yes, I had KFC for dinner. I selected their pot pie which was delicious. (I had NO idea KFC had anything other than fried chicken!) Seriously, I can barely waddle to and from my car I've been such a bad girl on this trip. Tomorrow I'll get back to reality.....and probably eat only carrot sticks for the next week.

And, in case you are wondering....... I haven't forgotten that this blog's intent was to share my love of quilting......I'll be back on track soon with fabric related posts. Tx's for traveling with me......

No comments: