Saturday, March 20, 2010

HAPPY NATIONAL QUILT DAY

How nice to know that quilters everywhere will be recognized today. Actually, I'd declare EVERY day national quilt day if I could.....meaning, I'd like to carve out a minimum of 6 hours each day to devote to my quilting.

That doesn't seem to happen anymore.....having a 'retired husband' underfoot changes one's routine....grinning.

You all have been so good hanging with me on this blog where I seem to be posting less and less about quilting these days. I'm trying.....really I am. Currently the project I'm tackling has me in a stand off...... The design is completed....but how I'm going to get this sucker together..... that's the problem. Stay tuned.

Now..... looking back to the beginning of my start in quilting......


Here's Frieda In Flight.......it was entered in AQS's 'Go Fly A Kite Contest' in 1989. There's nothing better then entering your first competition and being awarded a ribbon. All the pieces entered had to hang from the ceiling, like a kite.....have 3 layers and be quilted....



Now....switching subjects......'the husband' loves 'kids' cereals.....especially chocolate ones. 'The perfect' child & wife have been so thoughtful. On his/their travels they seek out cereals from far away lands for him. This one just arrived yesterday.......purchased somewhere in the Middle East.


'The husband' has eaten chocolate cereal from France, Argentina, Japan.....and perhaps a few others that I can't recall......

He's already had his sweet cereal this morning and (like a puppy) is standing by the door waiting for me to join him on our 'forced march' up the mountain.......

Happy Quilt Day to you all.....hope a needle finds its way into your hands today!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hi Mouse! We got this box for David in Dahab, Egypt. It's this tiny little beach town off the East Coast of the Sinai peninsula--some of the best diving in the world! Glad he's enjoying it.