Wednesday, December 30, 2009

MORE COUNTRY HALL OF FAME

I promise to get back to sewing related posts soon.......meaning as soon as I actually have time to begin to sew again......hopefully before too long...... Like many quilters, I can get a tad crabby when I don't have my fabric fix.

But for now......let's learn some more about the Country Music Hall of Fame.....shall we???


We've probably all heard of Jimmie Rodgers.....here's his guitar.....

Oops....I can't remember who is associated with this beaded gun holster....I think it was Roy Rogers.

It's a good thing some quilter didn't take this flour sack and use it to piece a quilt backing!

This is the Singer sewing machine of 'Nudie' the famous designer/pattern maker to the stars. He made dazzling western wear for all the big names..........


Highly embellished/embroidered outfits like this one......


Detail


Can you guess what pop duo these sweaters belong to?

That's right.....the Everly Brothers.....didn't you just LOVE them??


One of Pasty Cline's most famous songs was 'Stand by your Man'........her life tragically ended too early.


She must have been tiny........considering the outlandish garments on display....I found this one to be stunningly beautiful.

No comments: