Saturday, December 5, 2009

FIRST SNOW

The count is on......

The first snow of the year is underway.....

Here's a view from our front porch......actually from the house doorway. My blood has thinned so much I couldn't even make myself step onto the porch to take the picture. Oh....how did I ever manage those bitter cold Wisconsin winters??

Because it gets pretty windy up here in our mountain valley.....the scene appears as if it's nearly dark outside due to the swirling snow. We'll hunker down today......me stitching and 'the husband' in his man cave....doing man things.....

Expect a sewing related post tomorrow.....I'm determined to get back in touch with my needle today after our drama filled couple of weeks bonding with the medical community here!!

1 comment:

Anita Heady Fiber Arts, LLC said...

Mary, I hope you and your husband are doing fine. It's been that kind of year around here too. Have fun in the snow.