Tuesday, December 2, 2008

POPOVERS

Our unconventional Thanksgiving meal consisted of standing rib roast and a huge hockey puck, which was supposed to be Yorkshire Pudding!  I've prepared this recipe successfully for years....but alas, baking what is essentially Popovers in high altitude requires changes.


DAH, I hadn't even given this a thought as I happily mixed the ingredients on Turkey Day.  After the disappointment, I began searching for answers.  I gave up on making a large batch (AKA Yorkshire Pudding) to avoid more waste and began experimenting by making smaller batches of Popovers.  This is my 3rd attempt...which still needs some tweaking, but it's getting there.  

Thanks to Chef Bob - The Cowboy and The Rose Catering in Grand Junction, CO, I'm now on the right path!  Here's the recipe and the reasoning behind it.  I'm heading out to get an oven thermometer and more eggs....I will get these perfect....no matter how many tries I must attempt!

No comments: