Tuesday, August 27, 2013

WOODLAND RIDGE RETREAT - GET AWAY IN WISCONSIN

Are you finding that our world has gotten smaller and smaller...of course being a quilter that's not a surprise.  We are instant friends after 1 minute.  We are so fortunate to be able to have Internet interaction with quilters from Amsterdam to Japan to Alaska and all points in between.

From time to time I've chatted online with Chris Daly of Dye Candy Fabrics. Her business should be called DIE Candy Fabrics....cause they are definitely to die for!!
Here I am, now living in the mountains of North Carolina....with fond memories of Wisconsin still on my mind.  Chris surprised me today by sending this photo of Stori Memorial Field located in Richland Center, WI.  "The husband's" father was a beloved teacher and coach in the town and this is the heartwarming tribute the school district did many years ago.  Time had taken a toll on the original sign so prior to moving here, we installed a new one.  It's nice to see that it is still there to remind folks of a very special man.
 Chris is one busy lady.....and I so appreciate that she took the time to take the photo.  Of course she dyes fabric, and yes she quilts too......doesn't her quilt just scream peaceful woods.....reminding us to sit back and enjoy life.
 Well....now you can treat yourself to a very special get away run by this quilter and her husband.  Her new venture is Woodland Ridge Retreat, located in rural Downsville, WI.  It's been designed with quilters and fiber artists in mind!

 I'll treat you to a sneak peak here...but you'll want to click on the link above and read all about it.  To celebrate their opening, special rates are available so get your calendar out!!
Frankly, my days of participating at a retreat that involves dorm living, cabins filled with creepy crawling things, and dark workrooms are soooo over.  These accomodations are super.  It's just the way I'd like to spend an hour after class, soaking in a large hot tub!

If you are a long time reader of this blog.....you know I do retreating in style.....as often as possible!  For those of you who have remarked they wish to experience one.....grab some girlfriends and create your own at Woodland Ridge or join one of the upcoming classes that Chris will be announcing soon.  AND....just maybe you will see me there!

2 comments:

Chris Daly said...

Mary, what a nice post! Thank you very much for sharing the news of our new retreat. I hope we get to see you there soon.

knitsewjo said...

Mary,
I am so delighted to find your blog and to see this post.
I've been an admirer of your work and books for quite some time. Thank you for all the inspiration1

And thanks for the good words about Chris' new venture.
She has worked unbelievably hard to make Woodland Ridge Retreat happen.
Lucky me! I get to be one of her first guests ;-)
I hope to meet you there one day!!
Jo Lynch (aka KnitSewCraftily, aka Chris' mom)