Thursday, August 22, 2013

NUNO FELTED MINI

One of the reasons I love working with Nuno felted wool so much is because once a section is made....it's pretty much ready to use as a background.  Unlike cotton patchwork where the prep. is the design! 

 Earlier this year, our small fiber group (Fiber Junkies) spent a day Nuno felting.  I ended up with 1 large piece which I cut apart at home and refelted the edges of each to provide a finished appearance.  


 I'm now working on one of the smaller pieces that measures about 9" x 7".  For a piece this size, I'm breaking my own rule of always beading in a hoop or PVC frame.  You may notice that it has been stabilized.  I used Pellon's non-fusible lightweight interfacing to add strength and prevent distortion. 

Both hand embroidery and beadwork will be featured with no particular design idea in my head.  I'm just going to meander around on it and see what develops.  Of course that may (probably will) mean some 'unstitching' is also ahead.  Overall, I find that to be a very relaxing way to spend the evening since I'm not in any way in control of the TV remote!
Detail

Please check back and see how this little guy develops.....

I'm linking to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday  and Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it Up Friday

10 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Liking that meandering!

Norma Schlager said...

They look like beautiful little landscapes, intended or not. I love what you're doing with the beading, such fun!

Heather Pregger said...

I love Nuno felting. These pieces are lovely!

Karen S said...

I love these colors you're working with. Oh wait, I'm using the same colors this week! Great minds...!

ipatchandquilt said...

Your work is very interesting! Loving the colours and the beads!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
Ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Linda M said...

I agree with Norma, it looks like a little landscape.

Linda A. Miller said...

Wonderful pieces, Mary. The meandering beading adds another layer of interest to the felting.

margaret said...

popped in from crazy mom quilts, so glad I did. Never thought to use felt in my work, have loads made on my embellishing machine which i have taken no further

Anonymous said...

Felting is all new game, I'm not familiar with it. This is so cool!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Mary ...just love it. Thanks for sharing. Marie.