Saturday, August 10, 2013

UGLY DUCKLY - PART 3

Have these blog reports become a tease??  Really, they aren't meant to be.   It's rare for me to 'see' a mental snapshot of a finished piece and then sail through the construction process.  More often it's 3:00 AM thoughts that help evolve a piece to completion!  And that's what you are seeing....

I'm not complaining....in fact, if it wasn't for the struggle and challenge, my interest might wane.

 Well...here's my 3:00 AM thought last night.  Actually, if truth be told....my 1:00 - 2:00 & 3:00 AM ponderings.  I really truly thought this piece wouldn't survive the rest of the day!

It's amazing how 10 minutes & some cut pieces of paper changed the entire design.
Luckily, a piece of my hand dyed wool was just right for these petals and perhaps will save this ugly duckling.....

Unfortunately, I'm going to leave you hanging here as family commitments will prevent me from working on it for a few days.....  I'll post a picture when I complete it.

Thanks for hanging with me during this process.....  I'll bet you all have had your own struggles and then found methods of working through them as well.  Do share!!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

OMG! This is a great piece!!!! Can't wait to see it finished...SO COOL!!!!