Monday, August 5, 2013

SUN PRINTED FELTED WOOL

Fiber Junkies is a small group that I started several years ago....six of us meet for the purpose of experimenting with new techniques and of course the friendship and food!

Back in June we spent a day sun printing.  I blogged about it for 3 consecutive days beginning here. Though many of the pieces were not very successful, upon second look I'm realizing some of my felted wool experiments will be suitable backgrounds.  

 Believe it or not....I used a large number of button on this piece for the resist!!
 The grid reminded me of lattice.....so I began my design with that thought in mind.  Gathering ferns in our mountain setting is an easy task.  I painted the wrong side with textile paint and 'printed' them onto the felted wool background.
Next, using several pieces of hand dyed felted wool, flowers began to spring up!

No comments: