Thursday, August 8, 2013

UGLY DUCKLING

I'm absolutely in love with the new colorways of National Nonwoven's Woolfelt. So, I couldn't wait to start a new project.....

 My talented friend Nanette gifted me this beautiful glass fused cabochon made by one of her talented friends! 
Happily, the colors are just perfect to combine with the Woolfelt!
 BUT....what on earth was I thinking?  Well, I wanted to take a new direction in placement and overall design of the beaded cabochon pieces I've been making. Why I thought a wonky 9 patch was the answer is still a puzzle.  

 AND...why I thought reducing the size of the 9 patch pieces made sense is another puzzle.
AND...really now Mary.....seriously....did I think placing the cabochon in the center would convince me that I had a good design going??

Hang with me....let's see how I can get out of this one!

1 comment:

nanette said...

Can't wait to see what you do.