Sunday, July 29, 2012

ORGANIZING

Can you stuff an elephant into a suitcase?  Nope???  Well, me either....

Nor could I cope with the mess my fabric closet had become.....soooo....

 .....out it all came.....


.....and back it went......now it 'looks' better, but sadly will not function any better.  My closet is a fairly good size....its depth is the problem.  Requiring one stack of fabric in front of another. I can't even reach the top shelf nor the 2nd row of the 2nd from the top.  Basically, if I want to get at anything in the back....out the front fabric must come.


Of course I've thought of using clear plastic bins......to make moving the 'stacks' easier.  I actually had that system in a previous home and wasn't keen about it.  So for now.....I feel more organized.....the tidy gene I have must be fed!


However, none of my wools or felt are stored here.......you really don't want to see that mess!!


Note.....my apologies to those of you who receive automatic posts.....and thus received this one numerous times.....I was having trouble uploading my photos....and of course my impatient gene MADE ME keep hitting keys until it worked.....my bad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have such a closet but huge - 96x96. I kept a small hanging area for things awaiting ironing or alterations (or Eeek, mending)
I have 2 of those really deep shelves up high for batting and some other things I don't need to get to on a weekly basis. The rest I filled with Elfa units. I can pull out several baskets of fabrics arranged by color to put on my cutting table.(mostly by color, but I keep all large cuts suitable for backing together and all solids are together). Also a whole rack may be pulled out for closer inspection. I purchased mine at The Container Store.
Leslie