Wednesday, July 25, 2012

MORE RIPPING

Well.....dang.....I really felt that the areas surrounding the circles needed a bit more surface design......but so far the magic combination hasn't been discovered.

 Using a single strand of DMC embroidery floss.....the area between the green sections was 'dimpled'.


 Nope....not liking it.....so before continuing further, I experimented by adding two short units of 3 parallel lines (lower center).
 Yes....that's better.  Out came the 'dimpling' and more little line units were added using several different complimentary colors of floss.
Detail  -  all these photos are clickable to enlarge for better viewing.

Am I calling it finished yet?  Probably not.....I'll report back....

1 comment:

Robbie said...

I have to tell you I'm crazy about the colors in this piece!!! The handwork has added the perfect touch to this piece! Very nice!!