Friday, July 13, 2012

ATTN: FELT LOVERS

We were kept so busy yesterday setting up the Showcase house that I didn't have a lot of free time to roam.....besides not all the rooms were completed anyway.

However, two items caught my eye.....

Apparently, I'm not the only one who loves felt!  This 3-D pillow was created with wool felt....truly you wanted to reach out and touch it.
This is the view of the living room.  Not a person walked by without thinking the sleeping pup was real.....  Gray seemed to be a big theme color in several spaces throughout the home.  Seeing the room and knowing it was a 'designer's' vision for the space, reminded me of HGTV's Design Star show which I enjoy immensely.

But....what made me stop was the rug......
Here's a detail.....it's made up of zillions of half-dollar size pieces of felt in varying shades of grey with a little black peppered in....attached to what appeared to be a thick woven cotton rug.


The texture and colors were so appealing, but my first practical thought was....how on earth would anyone clean it?  You couldn't vacuum the darn thing....could you??   But I guess if you live in a 7,300 sq. ft. home on 11 acres...perhaps cleaning the carpet is not your job!

No comments: