Sunday, June 19, 2011


I'm still really jazzed about our new L.I.N.T. exhibit....and couldn't wait to get started on the first of several small pieces I plan to make. The rules are far, it's just one....but I'm going to let you all (gosh, I'm beginning to pick up that Southern way of speaking!).....see if you can detect what it is as I continue to add posts on this subject.

Again, I've turned to my fav material.....National Nonwovens Woolfelt (70/30 blend). A non-fusible stabilizer has been basted to the wrong side and I'm auditioning what thread to use......

........for the simple background stitching I'm doing.

Once that was accomplished, I added two more elements, varying the stitching pattern.

It's now time to figure out how to secure the sand dollar onto the piece.......glue is and would be the obvious solution......but I want additional security and more pizzazz...... Watch what happens.

I need to sign off......we are having another monster storm.......we've had over 4 inches of rain in the last 2's coming down so hard and fast, you'd think we were in the tropics.....but it's also off goes the computer!

No comments: