Thursday, December 30, 2010

A MEMORY TO CLOSE OUT THE YEAR

My friend Kay Sorensen, another Cheesehead.....shared this cute photo with me. Her almost 5 year old grandson Cooper decided he could cook.....and with a little help recently made coffee, hot chocolate, and tea to serve to Kay's family. (His older sister Heidi is in the background.)

So....why is this of any interest? Because he's holding a copy of my cookbook which was published in 1980. Cooking was my 2nd career (after working for TWA for years). Interestingly, one my favorite parts of cooking was the garnishing......and now that I've found my way to quilting.....my favorite activity is embellishing. All I've done is change mediums!

When I asked Kay if I could post this photo.....she remarked: We never know how far what we do, say and write goes and how it influences others. She couldn't be more insightful......because it was Kay who talked me into attending my first quilt guild meeting at the North West Suburban Quilters Guild (Chicago area). The guest that night was Ginny Beyer.....that meeting changed the course of my life. Thank you Kay!

It's with creative respect that I highly recommend her blog......Kay is one talented lady.

So....as we say goodbye to 2010......we can look back and smile at all the good times and look forward to new adventures in 2011! Happy New Year everyone....thanks for sharing this past year with me........

THANK YOU ELLEN FOR YOUR NICE COMMENTS.......

2 comments:

Ellen Lee said...

One of my best memories of 2010 is the Asheville Quilt Tour with you! I just ordered from Amazon a used copy of your cookbook that I'll give someday to my great granddaughter Maria. Her birth in February was the very best memory of 2010. I continue to check your blog every day and thoroughly enjoy it. You have had more snow thus far than we have had in upstate NY! - Ellen Lee

Ellen Lee said...

Mary, a first edition of the book was delivered yesterday. It is well-worn and thus has been used, hopefully by some child. I love it! Some of the recipes are so simple that Maria will be able to make some simple concoctions relatively soon. You have had such a succession of very different and seemingly unrelated careers!
Ellen