Thursday, December 16, 2010

FIBER JUNKIES CHRISTMAS PARTY

After days of being house bound due to our bad weather - which meant I was unable to attend several fiber arts holiday gatherings, grumble, grumble..........today I ventured out....

To the Fiber Junkies Christmas party.......where we had several spreads available for munching....

Before sitting down to this beautifully decorated table at the home of Judy Simmons.

Nancy Bruce brought her famous coconut cake......which takes days to make and that I personally have waited all year for another piece!!

Nancy amazed us at show and tell as usual.....she experiments more than any other artist I know. Nancy originally nuno felted these fibers together, but due to the fiber content it didn't stay together very well. (Sorry, for the life of me I can't recall exactly what they were....if you are reading this Nancy...jump in) In the process, Nancy dyed it.....then pulled the layers apart .....yielding two fabulous pieces that will surely be incorporated into some of her art. It's a new art form, ala Nancy.......deconstructed nuno felting!


Here's some sort of gear.....very thin but super rusted.......which of course means Nancy used it to rust some fabric. I love the precision she achieved.


Patsy Thompson (master of free motion quilting) showed her newest piece. She has been experimenting with a Sizzix Cutting System......many of the flower shapes have been cut using this tool. I MUST get one......as it will cut Woolfelt...... Pasty has an extensive online shop, both the machine and the dies are available here.

Detail

Here's another one of Patsy's new quilts......I'm crazy about it!

Again, her Sizzix machine made quick and accurate work cutting these motifs.

Show and tell continues tomorrow......

No comments: