Sunday, August 10, 2008

RACE DAY

Yesterday, I continued to eat my way through the food stands at Road America.  A favorite stop one run by John The Baptist church volunteers.  

Can you tell I have a real weakness for ice cream?  Well....actually sweets in general.  We discovered these ice cream sandwiches several years ago and now find ourselves having one a day while at the races.  If it looks big, you got the correct picture.....('the husband' is holding it)...............it's huge and I ate every bite!

I'm sure this driver never eats ice cream!  Ya, I know....they have to be tiny to fit in their cars. And....flexible.....I watched him go through a series of stretching exercises as he prepared for his event.

The team we cheer for is Penske RS Spyder Porsche.  We quilters refer to our 'stash'...imagine having to have a front end stash!  These are their spares which I'm sure they hope not to use.

Techs from the Porsche factory unveiled their new engine during a presentation for the Porsche club attendees.  I wonder how fast we could get our needles flying with one of these puppies??


The Porsche Paddock parking is a real perk that we enjoy using at this event.  It's a special fenced in area that is only available to Porsches.  It was full on Sat. and quite a sight to view 5 rows of Porsches parked side by side.  The many vintage and other 'limited' edition models that came made it very special.  

Me??  I know red, blue, and black......not model numbers, engine size, yadda yadda.....but guys can and do stand around for hours trading words of wisdom about the merits of these cars.

No comments: