Monday, May 4, 2015

AMAZING SOUS VIDE

As a long time foodie.....before that term became a 'catch phrase'......I've always enjoyed eathing & cooking.  I'll admit however, everyday cooking (after all these years) isn't as appealing as it once was.

I'm not a vegetarian, yet I can easily go for an extended time without it, especially beef.  So the fact that I'm touting this cooking success surprises even me.

Have you heard of a Sous Vide?  If not, I'm guessing you will soon now that this cooking method has become available to the home cook.  With the exception of saying it's a manner of cooking food in a controlled temperature water bath in a vacuumed sealed bag....with perfect results......learn more here. 
Beef Tenderloin - cooked at 135 degrees for 6 hours.  I KNOW that sounds like a long time.....but seeing is believing!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Interesting- a new concept to me. And brain scientists recommend we learn something new every day. So I'm off to investigate your link. Hope that beef was tender and tasty. It looks to be.

Robbie said...

Didn't you do a post on this cooking before? Don't know where else I would have heard of it!
OK, tenderloin looks good BUT too red for me! I'm a 'burn it, please' kinda gal! HA Interesting method!

The Inside Stori said...

Yes Robbie, I've blogged about the Sous Vide in the past.......the overall concept is quite unfamiliar, though totally easy....however it takes a bit of practice to feel comfortable.