Sunday, May 24, 2015

WET FELTED BOWLS

Ready, set.....go.......
 This weekend I'm determined to create an inventory of wet felted bowls....that will then be embellished with beads and thread....   
 Using merino wool, both prefelt batts and roving, this session is the first time I really feel I 'get' how to do this.  One change in my process was to place the 'design' elements on the resist, rather than adding them on the final layer.  It has helped so much in keeping the colors/patterns in position.
I'm also getting a real feel for how to properly and layer the wool....and not to rush the felting process.  Now the bowls are far more uniform in thickness and shape.  So I guess the old moral to the story is:  Practice, practice, practice!!! 

5 comments:

Kathy said...

When you decide to master something, you really go for it! Lovely bowls as is, before any embellishment.

Windy Hill Happenings said...

Mary...they are just lovely...

The Idaho Beauty said...

Looking very successful. Looking forward to the addition of beads.

Linda M said...

The bowls just keep getting better.

Robbie said...

I agree...the bowls do get better and better!!! WOW! You may have found a new calling! HA