Saturday, July 20, 2013

MEET DOMINIQUE EHRMANN


My career in the quilt world would never have been possible without some very special people who took the time and trouble to mentor me.....especially Doreen Speckmann and Pat Campbell.  I'll forever be thankful.

A couple of years ago I was teaching and judging at the Vermont Quilt Festival and met Dominique Ehrmann. Her work was awarded by the judging team and I presented her with my judges award.  I've been encouraging her ever since because I knew it was only a matter of time before the whole quilt world would know the work of this talented artist.


Recently, Dominique was featured at the 2013 Sacred Threads Exhibit.  Listen to her own words as she describes her workshops.  She was also featured in this interview.....   Take a moment or two to check out her almost indescribable work.....it will blow your mind.

2 comments:

Robbie said...

I had seen Dominique's work via Bonnie's video before. It's AMAZING!! I remember I had to look at it twice and did so again today. Wow!

Annabelle Hammer said...

I just attended the Sacred Threads exhibit yesterday. Fortunately it's near my office and not too far from my home. Not only did I enjoy the quilts, but Dominique's presentation and slide show. What a talented and creative artist she is. I was blown away by her 3-dimensional quilt.