Tuesday, November 20, 2012

TURKEY DAY WEEK

Well...the kick off of another busy holiday season is here.  Tom or Tilly turkey  is only 2 days away.  I'm getting off a bit easy as we will be home alone this year.....a casualty of moving so far from family.  But.....really, any day is a holiday when we do all gather.

 So, I'm looking at the brighter side of life this morning.....here's one of the reasons we chose to live in the Blue Ridge Mountain area.  Sunrises have a  totally different appearance from the flat terrain of the Midwest!


Even though we will still be making the full traditional Thanksgiving meal.....I hope to have time over the next few days to begin a new project.  Digging deep into my stash, I've pulled stacks of commercial cottons for a patchwork lap quilt.  It was fun revisiting these favorite designs....I'm still a sucker for fabrics that provide a vintage (late 1800's) look to a quilt.  

Looking at these piles....I see I really should be adding some bubble gum pink, puke green, and faded blue to achieve that look.....maybe....but I have another idea.....  Stay tuned....

1 comment:

Robbie said...

We had an early Turkey dinner w/kids since they are both on vacation (Mexico and Aruba - must be nice!) and Bob and I will be eating leftovers from that dinner while watching the Lions..perhaps, we'll wait and watch Lions before we eat!! Hope Packs have better luck!!
I am making turkey dinner on Sat. for my 'step' family. Anxious to see them!!! Always a fun day...enjoy your day as well!