Wednesday, November 21, 2012

PATCHWORKING AGAIN

My neat pile of fabrics posted yesterday has turned into this mess....

 I decided to grab a few minutes to test a block or two for a small lap quilt.....so rather than taking the time to cut a bunch of strips...... I simply did the 'cut as you go' method.  The results yielded heaps of fabric.....
.....and a few blocks on my design wall.  This 'utility' quilt is not intended to be high energy or even brightly colored....yup, I think I achieved that!!  

Since we are flying solo for Thanksgiving....I'll have to begin the cooking process today so I don't expect much time for stitching in the next two days.....  
I've always said that one of the best rewards of quilting is that your in-progress projects don't have to be cleaned or cooked....the fabrics will remain right where I left off...no starting over like the 'making meals' part of our lives!  

We are deep frying a turkey tomorrow.....hopefully I'll remember to take a few pictures.......   till then......  gobble, gobble.... 

No comments: