Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"SQUARES" - DIRECTIONS

For lack of any other project to show you today.....I'm revisiting the "Squares" quilt I talked about yesterday. The colors here are not as true as yesterday's post....but you'll get the idea....

All the blocks are now stitched....I think this will be the final layout.....

Karen and Patty emailed me directly asking if this was a specific pattern they might be able to use for themselves. The idea for this quilt came directly from a pattern at MaryQuilts.  A FABULOUS blog, by a very generous and talented quilter who lives in Minneapolis.  

I prefer smaller size blocks than Mary's quilt, so here's the cutting instructions for what I did....  Just make a bunch of each for the size quilt you wish!  

Large square block:   4" center, 2 strips - 2 1/2" x 4", & 2 strips - 2 1/2" x 8"

Small square block:  2.5" center, 2 strips - 1 1/2" x 2 1/2", 2 strips 1 1/2" x 
4 1/2", final row 2 strips - 2 1/4" x 4 1/2" & 2 strips - 2 1/4" x 8"

No comments: