Monday, October 31, 2011

PUSHING MYSELF

I'm not sure why I persist frustrating myself with these attempts in abstract design.  It does not come easily to me at all.  But, perhaps that's the point.....there'd be little growth if one stuck to the same style all the time!

After attaching the stone, I've now gone back and removed some of the dangles which were beginning to overpower it.  Next, I rethought the sizes/shapes of the splashes of color to be added.


Because the edges of the top section will need to be finished due to the machine grid lines, I'm also starting to think about how those edges will be covered.. 


And, here you can see beading has been incorporated to the right side.


Detail


One final splash of color helps to balance the design.  However, I'm less than satisfied with the beadwork surrounding the small patches.  Yesterday I decided to sleep on it and this morning my opinion is still lukewarm.  Let's see what the day brings.


No comments: