Tuesday, September 6, 2011

PUSSY WILLOWS

Slowly but surely seems to be my mantra lately......that's often the case when one creates original designs. What you see in your mind doesn't always translate to fabric quickly or easily.....but the journey is worthwhile!


This piece of hand dyed felted wool is unlike most of the others I've dyed.....and its an approach I want to try again. As many of you readers know.....I love working with a theme.....and pussy willows has been on my short list for quite awhile. The motif and fabric seemed like a great blend.


Naturally, I intended to bead the pussy willow buds. I started by experimenting with two different beading techniques.

The first one began by outline the shape and filling in the center with rows of beads. It was tidy....but certainly didn't provide the necessary texture.

The second one began by outlining too, but the center was filled with clumps of beads instead. It's the one I chose to proceed with.....

I can't believe how long it's taking to bead these little buggers......but I'm liking the results so far.

1 comment:

Windy Hill Happenings said...

It looks great Mary! and I love the dyed felt background.