Wednesday, September 28, 2011

FINDING MY WAY....

Okay, okay....I admit.....breaking out of one's comfort zone can be challenging....but don't we all know that creative growth can result in such efforts?

Abstract design is very difficult for me.....and my sewing room shows this indecision. I've pulled 'stuff' from every nook and cranny in my studio. Though I was working on two separate pieces....I'm now thinking of combining them using wood twig spacers.

But...then again, maybe I'll use some perle cotton......wanna bet though that I resort to beads for that purpose?? Because of the rather uninteresting hand-dyed felt, I added some hand embroidery provide more texture and interest.

.....and will stitch some French Knots around the outside edges....

My talented friend Cindy Blackberg gifted me this terrific sampler of Valdani variegated perle cotton which has been the perfect marriage for this piece.

I'm getting a better feel for where I want the work to go.......stay tuned.....

2 comments:

Robbie said...

I like the perle cotton idea...how about attaching to canvas? Just what you need, more ideas, right!

The Idaho Beauty said...

I like better what's going on in the top picture. I think the twig connection is inspired! and I like the long danglies on the square.