Friday, September 23, 2011

PUSSY WILLOWS SAGA

After my disappointment finding there wasn't enough brown woolfelt to edge this piece, I thought it'd be a simple matter to mat and frame it. Seems like this project continues to have a mind of its own!

The narrow long frame I had was too long.....requiring the matting to be quite wide at the top and bottom.....which may have been okay 'if' it wasn't white...which stuck out like a sore thumb.

So I decided to utilize the bottom edge of the piece which I had planned to cut off....adding embroidered roots to better incorporate it into the design.

DAH......after completely about half, I put it on the design wall.....drat.....they disappeared! Though the color was great at about 1 foot, it wasn't at a distance. Off it came.

Now, using lighter tones......this is better.

The addition of French Knots provided the necessary texture to go with the rest of the piece.

Which leaves me just where I was before......trying to finish the edges.....stay tuned....with coupon in hand, I'm off to the craft store to see if I can find a better mat color.....

2 comments:

Chris Daly said...

Loving your pussy willows art quilt!

jenclair said...

What a beautiful piece!