Thursday, September 22, 2011

PUSSY WILLOWS CONTINUED.....

It seems like forever since I've had a chance to do any stitching......yet there have been snippets of time here and there where progress continued on this pussy willow design. Click here to view my first post about this project......then read on.....

Here the beadwork has been completed. Note the basting lines that denote the 'planned' outer edges.

After studying the finished piece, I decided it was NOT finished. So....I added some machine stitching to provide more interest and texture to the background fabric.


It's better now, don't you think??

Next I decided to add a beaded dragonfly. Seriously, this shouldn't have become such a time consuming decision......but getting the wings just right certainly was. I tried about every transparent fabric I could find....fusing layers together, painting them.....in general experimenting again and again.

Until I put the piece back on my design wall, I was happy with this result. The wings were created by fusing two layers of the above leaf that a friend gave to me. I liked the motif...unfortunately it was way too small....sigh!

.....that error in judgement required removing the entire dragonfly and starting over. Oh well.....when it's not right.....ya gotta admit it and begin again. This one fit the space better.

.....and now I'm back to the same decision point I was before.....how to finish the edges. I had planned to use brown woolfelt to 'frame' it but.......you guessed it, I don't have enough.

I could pout....and okay....I did pout, but my motto is....change problems into a 'design opportunity'!! And I will....stay tuned.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Nice piece...love the background fabric! Works so good with the beading and design.