Friday, August 12, 2011

PTA - AUGUST MEETING

It was a very inspiring day at our PTA Fiber Group's Aug. meeting yesterday, where we unveiled our 'artist' inspired quilts. Oh my.....each and every one is GREAT! We all agree this was the very best challenge the group has conquered....thank you Linda and Barbara for the idea!

If you have plans to attend the Mid Atlantic Quilt Festival in Hampton, VA in Feb......please check out our exhibit. Each of us will display our 'artist' piece and one other piece. Until then, we've decided to keep the quilts under wraps for now.....faithful readers here have seen BOTH of mine....so I hope that will encourage interest.

After MUCH discussion....we've come up with a theme for our 2012 challenge which is going to be every bit as much fun....

Now...onto our show and tell this month....

Linda Cantrell is on a real roll.....cranking out quilt after beautiful quilt based on fairy tales....

The depth and attention to detail she achieves is incredible!

You can tell she's really enjoying exploring this subject and we loved them too.


Gen Grundy, master of all...shared a striking and well designed purse.

Dort Lee made this piece which will be included in the ongoing stained glass exhibit at the Biltmore.

She too has found an interesting subject to explore.....birds. Dort most often focuses on landscapes. In an effort to use the many fat quarters she has....her work has moved to a smaller format recently.

What impressed me (though I'm NOT surprised by her talent) was how effectively she combined so many busy prints and yet still achieved a clear image of her subject.

This one appears to be taking off right out of the quilt.....absolutely excellent.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've gotten myself involved in so many small fiber groups.....it's a miracle I have any time to stitch. But, thanks to all the inspiring artists I'm connected with, my own personal drive to create is strengthened.


No comments: