Wednesday, February 2, 2011


I'm still working on this little woolfelt house wall hanging.....all the motifs have now been hand appliqued using the buttonhole stitch. More definition was achieved by using black Aurifil wool thread and the outline stitch.

I decided to add more threadwork on the background to create additional texture. Initially, I tried machine stitching, ripped it out and then auditioned some hand embroidery, using a high contrast thread. Both approaches tended to distract from the overall small 8" x 17" format. The swirls are now stitched with a single strand of DMC embroidery floss. It's more than a little time consuming.....and isn't all that visible until you get up close...but it works for me.

No comments: