Saturday, February 20, 2010

THE QUILTING HIGHWAY

When I began teaching in the quilt world, oh so many years ago, I had no expectations that the two workshops I taught at Quilt Festival in Houston would lead to a single other opportunity. I'm still surprised that my needle has turned into my very own magic carpet which has taken me places I could never have dreamed of.

This fall I'll be teaching at the Utah Quilt Guild's annual retreat outside of Salt Lake City. The committee just contacted me since they are in the process of selecting my presentations for their event. AND......that led me to thinking about my 20+ year old USA map.

I've had fun coloring in the states where I've taught......and low and behold........after this fall, I'll only have 3 more to go before I've done them all! So.....for those of you living in Mississippi, Idaho, and South Dakota....how about an invitation?? I'm still flabbergasted looking at this map and smile at all the memories.

For any of you with wanderlust in your blood......consider joining my Great Smoky Mountain Quilt Tour in August......we have just a few spots open and you don't want to miss this one! I can't wait to share what this creative community has to offer...right here in the good ole' USA. You can download the brochure here......click on quilting.

No comments: