Friday, June 13, 2008

FUN WITH THE GIRLS

I feel so fortunate to be included in a wonderful small fiber arts group that meets once a month, for lunch, if for nothing else!  Each member is so talented and I always leave inspired.

Yesterday we met at Barbara's house......ya think she's a little accomplished?  Makes me sorry I threw away all my ribbons when we moved.  Her display is awesome and a great way to savior the memories of her fabulous quilts.

This quilt was made by another member, using fabrics purchased on a trip to France....I love the orange...it really pulled the quilt together and make it pop.

To offset evening boredom, another friend began hand piecing this 9 patch.....charming!!

You might recognize this face...it's Georgia Bonesteel, who is a member of this group.  She showed us numerous uses for GridGrip, a iron on, peel off, and reuse template design sheet.

This product is really great....and can be ordered from Georgia's website - retail price $7.00 for 5 - 21 1/2" x 30" sheets.