Saturday, November 24, 2012

THE END OF AN ERA

If you know the significance of the following photo.....then this totally off subject post may tug a bit at your heartstrings too.

 Jay Jones / May 3, 2011)


This is Southfork.....the Ewing family's (TV home).  Where week after week from 1978-1991, viewers world wide tuned in to see J.R. Ewing's latest bad behavior.  The show was revived by TNT in June 2012.  Many critics panned it....but I'll admit, I got sucked in again!! 


Frederick M. Brown / Getty Images / April 12, 2012 )

 Yesterday, Larry Hagman passed away at the age of 81........





3 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

I'm with you on this Mary.
I LOVED the show in it's original form and also in the revival.

Deb said...

This is a sad day he really played one of the most demonic bad guys on television. So glad he was able to get back on that Ewing ride his last days in character again. Still loved him in I Dream of Jeannie...2 different sides of the coin that was for sure
In memory

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine anyone else playing J. R. Hagman did it soooo well that it dwarfed all of the other roles he played.