Wednesday, August 10, 2011

NEW PROJECT

Whenever possible, I like to share step-by-step photos and the finished piece in the same post.....however, my life has gotten very hectic at the moment and completing this new piece immediately doesn't seem possible.

But...let's have a look see at what I've done...

Fellow Fiber Junkie Nancy Bruce gave me this beautiful piece of hand-dyed wool that came from a stash of wool I shared with her. We both thought we could see the image of a rose.....

.....so I dug deep into my bead stash for the appropriate bead colors....

Next, I went to the garment book I wrote back in 1991, "The Wholecloth Garment Stori" to reference the rose templates I designed (among many other motifs) which were provided in the book.


Loosely following one of my motifs.....I thread basted design lines for the rose, stem and leaves.

I used hand dyed gauze for the stem and leaves....and began outline the rose petal sections with seed beads.

...almost done....

.....beading completed...

....and finally to add more texture and interest....I embroidered rays of sunlight......

I'm not sure how I'll finish the edges....perhaps I'll matte and frame it......stay tuned....

No comments: