Thursday, July 3, 2014

MY NAME GOT DRAWN!

I suspect like many of you, reading blogs for inspiration and information has become an entertaining past time. However for me, putting limits on this activity has become necessary, otherwise I'd be sitting at the computer all day....there really is that much good stuff out there.

One noteworthy blog is And Then We Set It On Fire.  In May, Jo-Anne Vandermey, an accomplished Canadian quilter, hosted 'Adventures with Lutradur'. She generously provided tons of information.  Visit Jo-Anne here to get a flavor of her talents.

Though I love getting comments on my own blog, I have to admit I'm not very diligent about posting them on others. Posting a comment in order to qualify for a give-away never enters into whether or not I comment, it's all about time!  

However, luckily I did and Jo-Anne randomly drew my name.  She sent me the MOST AMAZING package of goodies.......truly, lots of 'ready-to-go'......already prepared items to add to current projects.  Thank you so much Jo-Anne......

 Lutradur stamped, printed, painted, and dyed.....
 This is my favorite.....I suspect the little holes have been burned into the fiber.....love it.
 Angelina, foils, and sequin waste....
 Envelopes filled with 'rub on' collage designs, inkjet images on TAP, and printed transparency film.
 More Lutradur printed with inkjet printer....
Charming yo-yos......and fabric beads.....

It's Christmas in July here in the mountains......and I'm like that little kid sitting with my open box!!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

That's a treasure trove for sure! Why is it that other people's stuff is so interesting and lights a creative fire when we receive an envelope of it? Have fun.

Jo Vandermey said...

Enjoy!

Robbie said...

What fun!!! Can't wait to see what you do with it all...and I know you'll use it some where...some time!!

Linda M said...

What a fun treasure box!

Karen Scribner said...

My husband's grandma told me the sequin waste is called punchinello. In the 1970s she made placemats for us that had yarn woven through the holes and several lengths attached long wise to make a placemat width.

The Inside Stori said...

I see that Karen is a no replay blogger.....so just in case she's set up for reply comments....thank you for the insight...I never heard that term before!!