Friday, April 27, 2012

LONG NEEDLE PINE - WORK CONTINUES

This little wall quilt has been patiently waiting for my attention.....which it received over the last couple of evenings.


All the beading has now been completed.  I had intended to fill in the blank areas of the pine cones with either beads or embroidery threads, but after showing the piece to my fiber buddies.....all were in agreement -  Leave it alone.  Your thoughts??


In the meantime, I added a bit of texture to the background by embroidering a zillion French Knots. At first I worked with 4 strands of thread, but after about a dozen complete, I realized they were overpowering the design.  So I took them out and started again using two strands of embroidery floss, in different shades of green.


The next step will be to add a backing and try to come up with some sort of edging treatment. I shuffled beads around for about an hour this morning and finally put it aside.  I will passively think about it today as I work through my other tasks.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I would only fill in the pine cones if you want to draw attention to them. I think they are nice the way they are with the branch getting the attention.

Nancy said...

Perfect. Filling them in would weigh down the open, delicate feeling of the design.

Jan said...

I agree with your friends.