Wednesday, July 6, 2011

ENGLISH MUFFINS

Keeping a sour dough starter active requires responsibility on my part. It has to be 'fed' about once a week or so. Sighing here..... I must admit it goes against my Midwest upbringing to throw perfectly good starter out just because I'm too lazy to bake.....so.....I now find myself baking about once a week as I remove a portion of the starter and replenish it with new flour/water.

Over the weekend, I decided to attempt English Muffins again......though my last batch was fairly good, I never felt they rose like they should.

I almost forgot to take a photo of the tray of risen beauties before I 'baked' them......

English Muffins aren't baked in the oven....rather they are cooked on a griddle or in this case an electric frying pan. The first side got a little too toasty because I was multi-tasking and lost track of the time.....

But thankfully that didn't affect the end results........

Yummy......

No comments: