Monday, June 28, 2010

VQF Farewell

Saying goodbye is always a little sad........but good memories of a wonderful show and great students will remain.

I was the lucky judge who was assigned the youth quilts......their talent gives me a lot of hope for the future of the quilt world.


At the opening night event, each entrant was invited on stage to receive a special ribbon to honor their quilt. They were beaming!

As judges we knew what was coming next. A dolly was wheeled out filled with boxes, covered by a quilt. Then the announcement.....thanks to a local shop and Janome.....each entrant received a sewing machine. There wasn't a dry eye in the place!


"The husband" is a fan of BMW motorcycles......so this bike, parked in front of the teacher's dorm, caught my eye.

But the sticker caught everyone's attention...... creep as it is!


Sorry this photo is fuzzy.....a local chocolate factory had lovely young ladies roaming the show passing out their delicious candy on opening night. I can spot beads a mile away......yup....those are beads on the back of this gal's dress. Neat!!

The biggest reason for my flirtation with retirement from bookings that involve airline travel can be seen above. The yellow means that flight was cancelled or delayed.......teachers traveling through Chicago both going to Burlington and returning home had to dig deep for extra patience. Because I needed to arrive 2 days early due to the judging duties, I lucked out on my flights that day. The return trip however was a challenge, but not as much as some of my buddies. I'm glad to be home, better late then never!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Welcome back Mary!
Now you're probably ready to go back, seeing how all we're having is 98degree weather with waaaay too much humidity. ;-)
Glad you had a good time. I enjoyed all the photos.
=-)