Sunday, June 27, 2010

VERMONT QUILT FESTIVAL

After two days of judging and 3 days of workshops.....I'm on my way home......well sort of....currently I'm holed up in an airline club, waiting for the thunderstorms to pass through Chicago!

Thought it'd be a good chance to share some of the astonishing quilts displayed at VQF. This is not a juried show.....the first 200 quilts entered are given the honor of being hung. There are no monetary awards. I was pleasantly surprised at the very high quality of work....it was an honor to judge the show.

My show booklet is in my checked baggage so I can't quote many of the specific awards these pieces received.......but they were all winners in my eye!


FEATHERS AGLOW by Judith Thompson, Wenonah, NJ
BEST OF SHOW



NENANA SPRING by Pamela Druhen, Northfield, VT
I'm not sure exactly what the name of this award was....but it was equivalent to what we think of as the Best Wall Quilt. It was created on a traditional sewing machine and was breathtaking.

Detail
Detail


IN MY GARDEN by Nadine E. Thompson, Springfield, MO

OLD WORLD SANTAS by Jo Timko, Millville, NJ
Best Hand Thread Work

Detail


This is a wonderful show to attend........well organized, great vendors, in a lovely setting.....consider adding it to your 2011 show list!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Thanks for posting about this show I always love seeing show photos from the ones I can't attend:) I love the embroidery stitching quilt about the garden in red and white thanks for the close up:)
Valerie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting. The In My Garden quilt will soon be home on my bed! My mother made it just for me and I can hardly wait. The room is painted soft pink and burgundy and my antique iron bed (pink, of course) is void of quilty goodness! In my eyes, mom's quilts are always the Best of Show! ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic