Saturday, June 12, 2010

NEW FROM OLD CONTEST

New from Old Contest Quilt Avalanche!
AAQ received over 100 entries for their "New from Old" contest and fundraiser. The quilts will be posted to their website by Monday, June 14, when member voting begins. Until then you can see the "New from Old" quilts in a series of YouTube videos. For those of you who can't see these wonderful quilts in person, visit the YouTube videos to pick your favorite......and then be sure to bid on them during the online auction!



My donation piece: Penny Rug Revisited 16" x 16"
(bead embellished woolfelt)

I'm on the faculty for the NQA show.....if you are attending, please stop by and say hello. Thurs. morning I'll be presenting a lecture (registration required but I'm sure there is plenty of room), followed by "Decorative Beading Techniques" an afternoon workshop. On Friday I'll lead "Beading Basics & Beyond", and Saturday my class is "Improve Your Hand Quilting Stitches". Both my beading classes are full and there are only 3 spots left in the hand quilting class. Though, if you are interested, be sure to check with their registration booth as often there are last minute changes.

June is a busy month for quilt conferences and shows across the US.......with less then 24 hours at home, I'll head out right again to the Vermont Quilt Festival. 'The husband' will be Mr. Mom....holding down the home fort and probably happy to have some alone time!!


1 comment:

SandyQuilts said...

I'm coming up for the show on Thur. .... hope to meet you.