Friday, September 4, 2009

BEADING WORKSHOPS IN TN

Over the last year, I've been reducing my air travel bookings while adding local groups within driving distance. Next week I'll be visiting two Knoxville, TN quilt guilds. Here's details and contact info if you are interested in joining the fun.

Village Quilters: Sept. 10 - Full-day workshop - Beading Basics and Beyond
Sept. 11 - Guild meeting lecture - Let It Shine


Smoky Mountain Quilters: Sept. 12 - Full-day workshop - Beading Basics and Beyond



The subject of both workshops are beading techniques. I cover the equipment needs, product information, stabilizing necessities, when to bead, etc. Next we learn the beading basics.....straight stitching, curve lines, working with seed beads and bugles. Student's are introduced to 'decorative' methods such as attaching sequins, buttons, charms, etc. Notice, all the buttons (flower heads) on the quilt above are attached with beads.

The afternoon focus covers a large variety of bead edging treatments.....one such, 'zig-zag' has been utilized on the binding in the above photo.

Every student has a front row seat because of my live projection demo system......learning is easy as they follow along with my on-screen stitching as they create their own sampler.

I hope to see some of you there!

No comments: