Tuesday, August 4, 2009

WISCONSIN QUILTERS

Three cheers for the talented, cooperative, fun students who took up the challenge of making a embellished scissors sheath in my Sunday workshop at the Wisconsin Quilter's Quarterly meeting weekend.

Being with fellow cheeseheads definitely tugged at my heartstrings. I was soooo well taken care of, they practically had to force me onto the plane yesterday morning!



Their meeting was held at the American Family Insurance facilities in Madison. WOW.......what a great place to present a lecture and teach a workshop. High tech, spacious and beautiful. One of their many artistic touches was this Frank Lloyd Wright style stain glass panel in their dining hall.


Our meals were feasts.



Several students got their creative juices flowing and added their own personal touches to my pattern!! Love it!!!


Here's another adaptation .....


And another......


These hard working students impressed me so much...... I've never taught this workshop where every person exceeded the pace of previous classes. Several proceeded to the final construction phase of beading the layers of the wool felt together!! Thank you all for providing me with incentive to keep teaching!!

No comments: