Monday, August 24, 2009

SPRITZER SISTERS

It's been a hectic time lately.....making it more difficult to focus on new work......so....yup, you guessed it, in an effort to stall, I decided to organize paperwork.

And....what did I come across??? A folder stuffed with good, really really good memories. With the advantage of the internet, hard copies are often no longer kept.....so my newer memories are stored on my computer

I have a handful of far-flung special pals, that despite distance or time, we can pick up a conversation like we'd only paused for a breath.

Francie Ginocchio and I are the founding members of the Spritzer Sister Quilt Guild.....a two person guild dedicated to keeping it that way.....after all....really we women sometimes can be so mean spirited!!

This photo was taken of us, SSF (Spritzer Sister Francie) is standing and SSM (Spritzer Sister Mary) is seated at her sewing machine taken at a Split Rock Arts workshop in July 1993.

I had hoped to share lots of our correspondence, but since I don't want you to think less of me.....I'm afraid there is only a small amount that will be appropriate.




The Spritzer Sisters wrote several articles for Lakes Patchwork Quilts Magazine....if you still have copies around......they appeared in May 1994, October 1995, and June 1997. I've scanned a portion of the last one which will give you some insights to our guild. I'm hoping it will be readable on the blog....if not, I'll figure out a way to share it with you.



We have a camp song......doesn't everyone?? It's sung to the tune of Row, Row, Row Your Boat.....this too I hope is readable.......for now.....scratch your head and ponder about the nonsense the Spritzer Sisters have been up to.


** sorry I don't think you can read these.....though the camp song would be if you enlarged the text. I'm going to try to photograph it and see if that will work....stay tuned. It will be worth the wait. SSM

No comments: