Monday, August 10, 2009

BACK HOME AGAIN

They say you can't go home again.....but this view makes me feel very much at home.....Cornfields (taken somewhere near Rockford, IL) as far at the eye can see in August!



Now I know I'm nearly home.......the best sweet corn EVER.....from a farm in Harvard, IL


Walking memory lane further......a friend won these quilts for a reduced price at an opening of an antique store in Brodhead, WI while we were shopping about 20+ years ago. She is not a quilter so I put them together for her, then layered and quilted it...... She's kept the quilt in perfect condition....absolutely no fading has occurred.


These old blue and white quilts were some of my favorites when I began quilting and that preference really hasn't changed. Someday I hope to make some myself....my stash awaits.


2 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Those old blue fabrics hold their color much better that the blue fabrics from the 1980's.
Since I haven't used blues much recently I can't give an opinion on the 1990 and 2000 blues.
K

The Inside Stori said...

Clarification.....I believe this quilt dated late 1800's or very early 1900's......... The condition of it speaks a lot for keeping textiles out of the sunlight.