Tuesday, May 6, 2008

TRAVELING

Chicago O'Hare Field was named after Lt. Edward Henry "Butch" O'Hare.....who, in 1942, was this country's FIRST top gun.  There is an informative display about this hero between terminals 1 & 2.



One of these days, I'm going to count how many Starbuck Coffee shops dot the various terminals at O'Hare's huge airport complex.


United's, terminal 1, in the B concourse, has a huge dinosaur display, on loan from Chicago's Natural History Museum.  It's a hit for children of any age.


The famed light show can be found in the underground people mover between United's concourse B & C.  The ever changing color, along with the music adds charm to what would otherwise be just a tunnel!

My favorite place to hang out......an oasis called the Red Carpet Club.  It's United's private club (membership required).  With customer service agents, food, beverages, rest rooms, tv's, internet etc.....it's a more pleasant place to stay during layovers.


Look what greeted me as I made my way to the 1 baggage claim area in Redding, CA.  I thought it was a perfect way to say hello to a tired traveler after over 13 hrs. and 4 flights!


I've never stayed at an Oxford Suites before.......def. a thumbs up for me......love the 5 bed pillows!


I had a yummy omelet, overlooking the pool at my hotel this morning.  The day is certainly shaping up as I try to adjust my body clock to the 3 hr. time change.  Off for a bit of site seeing before the evening lecture.....  My camera will be in hand.....