Sunday, May 4, 2008

CA & OR - HERE I COME

Before the crack o'dawn tomorrow....I'll be headed to the airport for the first of 4 flights to Redding, CA.  I'll be visiting Quilter's Sew-ceity Guild first, then I move along the quilting highway to Mountain Stars in Medford, OR where I'll be lecturing and teaching a full-day of beading techniques, followed by a full-day felted wool collage workshop.

My final stop on the trip will be in Eugene, OR....yeah....I'll be able to spend time with my brother and his family. 


In Redding, I'll be teaching, Attention to Detail, a beading and embellishment workshop. Although, my name is so often associated with beading (love it), I've always incorporated embellishments, other than beads into my work.  Bacon & Eggs is an example of how small, detailed 3-D motifs can add character and depth to a wall hanging.



The chickens are stuffed, embroidered, and yes, some feature beads.  The bacon is created by machine stitching variegated rayon thread onto strips of upholstery fabric.  The quilt is hand quilted with silver metallic thread to resemble chicken wire. 

Will chat again soon......or as the internet connections along the way allow!