Monday, July 4, 2011

STANDING TALL FOR THE RED, WHITE, & BLUE

Going down memory lane yesterday, I realized one of the projects in my book "The Stori of Beaded Embellishment" ( That Patchwork Place - 2001), is a quilt that would be great to share today on the birthday of our country's independence.

The quilt is now in a private collection so I had to depend on the photos from the book...... Photographers cringe when they find themselves having to photograph my work......the camera has a difficult time knowing where to focus...the beads or the fiber.....I hope this translates well enough for your viewing.

It's a simple strip piece wall hanging, featuring blue bugle beads that are sewn upright to create 'bugle bead wall' stars.......


This page can be enlarged by clicking on the image. Perhaps you'll want to bead a star yourself!

It's a BEAUTIFUL day here in the mountains of Western North Carolina......hope yours is too wherever you are...... Happy 4th of July!

No comments: